Staff Frequently Asked Questions

Am I an employee or an independant contractor?

You are considered an independent contractor (or sub-contractor), you are NOT an employee of Buzz Promotions. Laws and regulations for independant contractors apply. We encourage everyone to read up on independent contractor guidelines in their state.

Do I need a NI and/or UTR number to apply?

Everyone is required to provide their National Insurance Number. Due to changes in UK immigration laws as a result of Brexit, we are legally required to request proof of right to remain in the UK. You will need to send in proof of either citizenship, settled status or pre-settled status before accepting payments from Buzz Promotions.
You are not required to have a UTR number although we encourage all independent contractors to make sure they are properly registered.

Why haven’t I haven’t heard back about a job I applied for?

We get several applicants for some jobs so it can take a few days to review and make a final decision. If you’re booked for an event you’ll receive an email asking you to confirm.

Why was I not booked?

All suitable applicants are reviewed and chosen either by Buzz or by the client. If you were not booked for a shift you applied for, don’t be discouraged- keep applying. To increase your bookings, please make sure your photos are professional/current and you are not cherry picking shifts.

Will I be reimbursed for parking or travel?

Buzz Promotions will reimburse for parking and/or travel so long as it is specifically offered or agreed upon, in writing, beforehand.

What do I do if I’m running late for a shift?

If you are running late you are required to call your booking manager and well as the venue management if necessary. We understand there are variables, however you should always plan to arrive onsite 10-15 minutes prior to your start time. Remember to plan for traffic, weather or possible delays in the area.

When is pay day?

Payment will be sent by the 7th of the month for the previous month worked. For instance, if you work in December, you will be paid for all December shifts and expenses the first week of January.

What if it’s passed the 7th and I have not received my payment?

Although pay day is the first week of each month, we try to pay all independent contractors for their work as soon as possible. The time frame is based upon when the client pays us so payments can sometimes be early or late. If you have not submitted your monthly invoice, you will not be paid until you do.

What if I need to cancel my shift?

Please do not respond to shifts unless you are 100% positive you can work. You are required to give at least 72 hours’ notice if you cannot fulfill your commitment. In the event of an emergency, we require proof of your emergency (doctor’s note, police report, etc.). If you cancel without notice and cannot provide proof of emergency, you will be financially responsible for any losses incurred as a result. We hate to penalize staff; however no-shows can have devastating repercussions on our client and venue relationships.